Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last night I went to see Rodrigo y Gabriela (www.rodgab.com) in concert. I managed to snag a spot on the third floor which I personally feel has the best view since it's amazing to watch their hands fly. As I looked down at the crowd below I couldn't help but think about how different concerts are now compared to ten years ago. I saw a sign that said "No flash photography" and thought about how once upon a time we had to wear the camera around our necks to get it in. Now it's not necessary since you can't find a phone that doesn't have one. I experimented with my Blackberry and was able to take and upload pictures as well as (poorly) record video all without anyone asking me to stop. Is this legal? Are there copyright issues? When reading about multimodalities and the multitude of examples given to motivate students and teach them media literacy skills...what are the implications for copyright laws?

No comments:

Post a Comment